Friday, September 30, 2011

Life

Waiting outside,
In the merciless cold.
It bites my legs and face
even through my layers.

Listening for the growl of my bus.
Silence is what responds.
The light hits a cloud,
It glows light orange.
as it streaks across the sky.

The low growl of my bus fills the cold air
as it rounds the corner and slinks down the hill.
i pick up my package and wait.

The beast hisses at me as it opens it's door.
I haul myself out of the cold air and into the heat.
It hits my face as i walk to my seat.
I sit down.
The heater right under my legs- thawing them too.

There's a low murmur from the teens.
Resting my head on the window i listen.
Outside passes very quickly.
It's dizzying, watching the world pass by.
Another day, another moment.
10/14/10

No comments:

Post a Comment