Thursday, October 27, 2011

Books

The black font on the pages,


know how to take me from reality.

And into the lives of my characters.



With books I've been everywhere

From India to a foreign place

called Summer Land.

I've been to London and NYC.

I've traveled to kingdoms

And escaped Hell.



The life I live in books

give me relief to the life I live.



The like I make in writing,

show a life I'd rather live.



I'd rather be a princess

escaping a murderous king.

A defiant teen boy

Who runs away from home.

A heroine who shoots a bow

with skills undeniable.

A kind in a raging war

with a powerful queen.



My story was not one made for books.

My being was made to visit these places.



I continue to read books

as if tomorrow was my last day.



In fact I've hears of a life

where books don't exist...

(I would have gone insane)



Books help you escape reality.

And if I could –

I'd shrug off reality

and put on the glimmering coat

Of fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment