Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Cinderella Theme

My clothes aren't tattered.
And I've no ball to attend.
But my mind is scrambled,
and my pain doesn't end.

They all smile and shine,
like the marble I clean.
They all don't see me,
And it's quite mean.

My voice dampens the mood,
so of course I shrink back.
So sorry I ruined it,
so I guess I deserved that.

Perhaps their annoyance in me is definate,
And yes, they truly dislike how I run.
I can't wait to see their despondent faces
when it is I who shines like the sun.

Right now they throw dirt on me.
But the soil fertilizes my seed.
Soon I shall grow strong and happy.
Soon, I shall succeed.

Step Ma might find me a fly.
And a tiny sore right now.
But I am determined to find
a way to impress her somehow.

My Da isn't gone.
But his image is faded.
Just like a picture in a newspaper
that's wisely outdated.

Now I, in my state of brainstorm,
shall wait until my time.
Where i'll rise the sun
And truly learn to shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment