Thursday, October 6, 2011

Broken forever

As I walk this road of shame
All I know was that I'm to blame
And I am sick and tired
of this silly old game
But it is my broken heart
that I'm trying to tame

I'm glad you found her
or she found you
I see that look when you're 'round her too

Was everything just a lie?
Was it just to get you by?
How could you leave me sitting here?
Drowning in my own tears.

When you whispered, "Forever",
I thought you meant us, together.
Now all I can think about,
Is forgetting--
you.

Sit here in my thoughts
whispering sweets I don't hear.
Watching you kiss her cheek.
Every nightmare in my fears.
Do not try to comfort me.
I can never forgive myself.
It can't happen and never will be.
When you've kicked me into Hell.

Why do I hear your name?
And try to grab hold of it?
Why do I see your face,
and try to place him with it?

I feel like the beauty in me,
Is a rose that wilted.
Why couldn't you just see
My whole world tilted?

I can only lie here now
with tears that shed,
I'll try to get better now,
and push you from my head.

I can't feel you now
that part of me that's half dead.
I will say farewell now.
They're the last words you said.

No comments:

Post a Comment