Friday, October 7, 2011

Diamonds in the Night

My arms stretched out,
My legs loose,
My body lies in
the Meadow of Nothing.

My mind blank,
The sky stark.
and this ebbing
feeling of boredom.

Black, blue night,
stretched over me
And I lie,
stretched beneath.

Its shade envelopes my body
Its nothing- touching my skin.
My mind.
It's black.

The stars?
There aren't any!
So the night continues,
to reach in all directions.

A star!
I love him,
his smile, his laugh.
His every being is...
my everything.

Two diamonds in the night.
My family supports me.
They've always helped me take
those unnerving big steps forward.

Three shining dots.
To change the world with action.
How about with words?
Powerful words that everyone knows.

Four, five, six....thousand.
It all explodes before my body.
And beneath its glory,
my mind, too, bursts into life.

No comments:

Post a Comment