Saturday, October 8, 2011

Fly Away- Prologue


It was May 18, a week after my brother Blake's 24th birthday, when I truly knew that something was wrong with me. It was that small light that popped up in my head, that literally told me that something was up. Blake noticed also, which is not surprising. Blake noticed everything no matter how hard you try to hide things, he knew. He noticed I went to bed at 5 'O clock and woke at 1 in the afternoon. He knew that I had a hard time eating and keeping the food I did eat down. He noticed things I did not. My parents were gone, they had died a couple years back, Blake was my caretaker now.
I'd do to bed early because I now frequently had migraines. Sometimes I would stay in bed with the blind and curtains drawn for hours at a time. Then it came to vomiting up meds, liquids, or foods I consumed. Pain in my tummy area hurt so bad I couldn't move. Odd dreams so real and alive I would fear sleeping. I guess it sorta sounds like really bad period cramps with a dash of the flu.
I felt terrible. I couldn't move. I couldn't remove myself from this uncomfortable and frighting pain and sickness. Neither Blake or I had a clue what was wrong. It came to a point where I couldn't go to school anymore. The embarrassing fits I had a school made me out to be a freak in the students eyes. My friends avoided me even. It was decided that I was too big of a distraction to have at school (according to the principal.). Blake kept me at home where my sickness brought a frightened Blake and a passed out me to the hospital where I was placed in the hands of Dr.M.
I was hardly ever sick before. The only thing I had close enough to call 'sick' would be a stuffy nose. I was a happy exuberant person. Always joking around and laughing. This sickness engulfed me and stripped me of who I was, the person I thought I would always be. My sickness, that still remains unnamed, had my mind running over darker, sinister thoughts. No smiling, laughing or joking anymore. Because it's not a laughing matter.
I felt alone, so very alone. Detached from my brother and life itself. I never knew that I could obtain feeling so dark. All gloom and doom. But wouldn't you feel the same way if Death was looking you in the eyes- preying on your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment