Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Cyrius (Epilogue)

Epilogue
4 months later...
Things turned out okay. We were on the ship for another month. Now, I live with Travis and Jason in their house with Rayne on Cyrius. Cyrius is amazing. Like Hawaii, except one big tropical planet. There are some things out there, some other life forms, animal like, that we have yet to figure out. And others we are oblivious to. Scientists working on Cyrius are contemplating cures or treatments that may occur here on this planet that we don't know about. They way they constructed civilization was very eco friendly. Nobody wanted to speed up the heating of this tropical planet.
I still miss my parents. It will be worse though. They're predicting that the meteor, that surprisingly didn't come as soon as we thought, was going to hit the earth in the next day or so. I'm constantly glued to our TV. People on one of the many space stations alined from here to earth were viewing the grey looking planet ( that would be the ash from the volcanoes).
“It's happening!” exclaimed a meteorologist. “Don't show me! Show earth!” I saw earth, grey and blueish, unhealthy, polluted, engulfed in a volcanic grasp.
“Jason,Travis, Rayne!” I squealed with fear. I saw the meteor, about 1/3 the size of earth. The 3 of them came rushing into the room just as the two spheres collided. I big piece came of f of earth. I broke into tears. Travis's arms came around me. I watched the mantle quickly turn black. Then I couldn't look anymore. The horror was to great.

7 months later...
I haven't fully recovered from the earths collision with the meteor, but I'm okay. I've been traumatized by the meteor and earth and my parents absence. My parents absence was the worst to bear. I wished them here. I prayed to a God I thought would listen, not the God that had let me down and let earth die, let my parents die. My birthday was coming up and all I wanted was my parents.

1 month later...
A knock came at out door around 5:30am. I had been too tired to answer it. I went back to sleep. In my dreams I could hear mother's voice. This happened ever so often, I'd hear her singing to me. Telling me it's okay and that she loves me.
“Happy birthday sweetie. Wake up.” I didn't, I couldn't. Not when she's here talking to me.
“Mom?” I said in my dream.
“Yes, I'm here Lia Bee.”
“I– I can't see you.”
“Open your eyes, sweetheart.” Dad. I did. I saw my mom, her black hair curled around her shoulders, and then I saw dad, is face smiling and relived.
“Mom! Dad!” I screamed, I jumped out of my bed and into their welcoming arms. My mom soothed me, dad told me hello and he's happy to see me. I rambled on simultaneously about how I thought they were dead, that they wouldn't come back. The tears that ran down my cheeks. Rayne had come in to see what was going on and cried to when she say dad and mom. We all cried in happiness and relief. I was so happy, this was my birthday present I'll cherish from now to forever. In my own universe, my own world, my own complete and fulfilled life with my family. Rayne, Jason, Travis, Mom, Dad, and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment