Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Cyrius(Part II)

When we stopped we went to go unpack our things. The flight to Cyrius was about 8-9 months I think, so Rayne and I packed everything we could. I finished looking at my new room and began unpacking. When I was satisfied with my so called 'neatness' (I'm not an organized person) I took a step towards a door in my room next to the door that led out.
It was the bathroom. My own personal bathroom. The sink was very elegant, the mirror just as such. My eyes were fading to my natural brown color. The shower was cool. Just like the one at home. Holes in the ceiling made it rain down in a certain spot like a shower nozzle would. The water escaped through a drain in the floor.
A key pad on the wall held my attention. I went over to it and saw it was exactly like the on at home. Using it, I turned on the shower and next to it I mixed a digital color of what I saw was electric blue. What this does is put an unharmful clear chemical in the water so when it gets in my eyes it will mix with the stuff in my eyes changing the iris a different color. It is the same with hair but the setting I had put on the keypad was only for my eyes.
Sure enough when I got out of the 'rain shower' my eyes were my electric blue. I smiled and got dressed, my sweatshirt on over a pair of jeans. I stepped out of my room and walked to Rayne's door. I put my hand on the door, it didn't open, but it did morph into something like a window so I could see Rayne. Who was sleeping on her her bed. I then walked out of room 82. I found a map of the ship and walked to the food court. They had places to sit other than the main room where they held vendors. There was the east wing and the west wing, both filled with tables and chairs alike. I quietly walked up the hallway and turned into he east wing. Then I crossed the fairly large room and into the main food court area. I got myself a cup of Shinu and began walking to the west wing. I wasn't as crowded, only dotted with people here and there.
I sat down at a table and sipped my drink. I finished and went to get a refill. I could as many as I wanted because you don't pay or anything here. On my way back to my table I was checking out T.C. on my cell phone. I had tripped on something, and landed on a girl, spilling my drink in her lap. Immediately she stood up and I clattered to the floor. I got up and faced the girl, she was taller with fiery res hair and light orange eyes that was both dyed from her shower.
She stared at me and she was mad. I'm not a face to face social person, I prefer the internet to communicate, and I don't like being around people that are upset because I did something wrong.
“I'm sorry. I tripped– I didn't mean to it was an–“
“Accident,” she hisses. My hands began to tremble. Did I mention that I was scared of her?
“I don't care if you're sorry or not. You got my favorite jeans soaked with your drink.” I didn't say anything.
“I feel humiliated now. I hate you, you goth emo chick. I hope you die in the fiery pits of–”
“Valerie, really. Leave her alone. Remember? Control the anger. You don't want to hurt anybody.” a girl came out from hiding and stepped beside Valerie. She was about as tall as me, she had brown hair that curled down to her shoulders, her face was very serene and angelic, nothing evil about it anybody would look at her face and smile.
“I'm Kipper, Valerie's clone.” she gave me a smile. Suddenly Valerie started crying, “I'm sorry Kipper! I didn't mean to be mean, I'm so so sorry. Oh, I lost it again! It's my fault, Kipper. I got mad at her.” I looked at Valerie with wide eyes. Valerie looked at me, trying to swipe away the tears. “I'm sorry person– I over reacted.”
“N– no, really, it was my fault. I shouldn't have been on my cell phone.” Valerie nodded and walked away sniffling. Kipper looked at me.
“Bi polar,”she told me. I regarded her with grim eyes.
“I'm sorry.” Even if we found the cure for cancer in 2020 we couldn't really cure mental diseases. Kipper nodded and followed after Valerie.
I went to get another drink but was stopped by someone. I turned around and was suddenly pulled into an awkward embrace. It was obviously a boy, I could feel the muscular chest and arms around me, he was tall, my head below his chin. I had no clue who was hugging me, I felt the heat rush to my face as I blushed. I squirmed a bit and he let go, a soon as I read his shirt I gasped. It was Travis, I peered up at him, my face growing warmer as my eyes met his. My lips involuntarily spred into a wide goofy grin. His hair barely let me see his eyes but he flicked it out of the way and revealed one of my favorite colors, electric green. He smiled back.
“You're......real,” I breathed. The smile on his lips grew bigger.
“Yup!” he said, I took his hand and examined it, flipping it over like a scientist would. Faking fascination and enchantment.
“I mean...you're real!” o said again grinning like a lunatic and giving a nervous giggle. He hugged me again. I hugged him back. Barely, just barely, I heard him whisper to himself, “Am I really holding my cyber girlfriend?”

No comments:

Post a Comment