Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Cyrius(Part IV)

My feet hurt so bad it wasn't funny anymore. Flip flops aren't good for a possible 3 mile walk. I bounced up and down in a rhythm to Travis's walking, he was giving me a piggy back ride. He seemed to be uber nice to me today of all days. We watched Jason and Rayne ahead of us.
“I'm sorry Travis, I should have worn better shoes.” I slumped on his back.
“It's okay, we're almost there. You can relax in the hot spring. Woulda taken longer if we cu through the Hills. I'm so glad they have a boardwalk here around the perimeter of Clyier's Spot, you don't get lost.”
“Mmm...” I could feel the warmth of the false sun of my back, it was pretty warm here. I closed my eyes and felt myself drift off.

….
I felt like I was falling. I opened my eyes. Yellow grass surrounded me all over 3 feet out. Then there was rocks but in front of me there was a mini shore, and entrance to the hot spring. I sat up and saw 3 figures in the clear blue water. I got up and went over to the water. I smelled clean, I dipped my toe in and them slowly lowered myself down into the water. I was warmed to the bone before I even reached Travis.
“Hey guys!” I hollered. They all turned around smiled big.
“Lia!” Rayne said, then they all looked like they where hiding something. I pretended to not notice this and swam closer, Travis's arm snaked around my belly.
“Guess what Lia?” Rayne said happily.
“What?”
“1...2...3...,” she counted, “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!” Rayne, Travis and Jason shouted loudly. I was wide eyed.
“My birthday? Oh my God! It's my– I'm 16? How could– how could my birthday slip my mind?”
“Im 16!!!” I smiled.

….
We laid on the Hills. The 'sky' had darkened but the warmth of the air lingered. I was holding hands with Travis and he was talking about his past life. Rayne and Jason were off somewhere else, out of sight.
“What about your future Travis?” I asked.
“On Cyrius?”
“Yeah”
“To move on from the past, I guess,” he said
“Me too, I miss my parents so bad, sometimes. It kills me.”
“I do too, I need to live and forget though.” I nodded.
“They say on Cyrius everybody gets a home. Like everybody did on earth. This middle class/upper class, kind of homes.”
“Everybody?”
“Everybody. I dunno the rules for the younger children that are on board with us, but I'm guessing they stay with their older siblings.”
“That would make sense. How old do you need to be to be considered an adult?”
“16. I think. Either way I'm 17 so you could– ...never mind.”
“What?” I sat up. “What Travis, finish.”
“You could come live with me and Jason,” he said quickly, sitting up with me. “But I'd never ask you for that.”
“Travis, I'd love that, I really would.” then he said the words that made my heart leap and said for the first time ever,
“I love you Lia, I love you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment