Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Spring

I lie underneath a flowering tree,
It's pink and lavender petals dance to the ground.
As the warm breeze flows,
I lie, watching happily at the performance.

There are more trees around, all the same as the one above me.
The breeze wisps their petals afloat.
Seeming like it is raining flower petals,
I reach out and open my palm,
Closing my eyes,
I feel the petals kiss my palm ever so slightly.

The perfume of the flowering buds is so wonderful.
Spring,
I smile and open my eyes,
A boy,
A soft smile as he lays his hand on my palm.

Dancing around,
With the flower petals accompanying us,
Leading.
As we smile and dance to a song only we can hear.
Spring,
Slowing to a stop as we look out at the rain of petals,
And slowly gliding to a crystal clear pond.
He throws a rock.

“Ripples out from the center,” He says.
“Just like our love,”I whisper.
“Just like our love,”He echos
as he leans in to kiss me.

3/17/10

No comments:

Post a Comment